Welcome

Welcome to the garden of the Winter Rose. All year round here the flowers bloom. The roses stretch high to the sky, lavender grows at your feet, the birds sing in the high branches of the trees, and the little stream wends its way through the centre of the garden, bubbling over little rocks as it goes. This is my secret place, and you are all invited. Step away from the stony path and let the grass tickle your feet. Splash in the icy coolness of the stream, listen to the music that fills the air, and know here you are safe. Stay awhile upon this page, and let the beauty that is the world of Spirit fill you.

Friday 31 July 2009

Behind the Name - WinterRose Moon-Hawk

I don't claim to have had a tough life - I have a family who loves me, a roof over my head and food in my stomach, but I have had to deal with many Tower-like situations before. And from each of those ordeals, I've blossomed and grown.  People have likened me to the Phoenix, but I am drawn not to the power and majesty of that wonderful creature, but to the simple strength and determination of the Winter Rose.  This little plant blooms each year in the depths of winter, opening its delicate petals regardless of frost and snow.  I have proven many times that I have the same simple determination and inner strength to keep opening my petals after they've been bitten by frost and rebuild myself after a Tower-like event has taken place.

Moon-Hawk comes from the planet that rules my very being, and the creature that symobolises me.  In Tarot, the Moon is about psychic awareness and visions.  In Astrology, the moon symbolises the inner being that very few people get to see or experience - the ultimate private self.  It also represents psychic awareness and the instinctual self.  In essence, this name relates to my very inner being - my 'True Name' if you will.  Like the Winter Rose, the Hawk represents strength, as well as truth and intuition.  Interestingly, the Hawk is actually a solar animal, which balances out the lunar aspects to this name.

Both these names came through meditation and discussion with my guides and totem animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment